The name Zuzu is in reference to my sisters dog Cece, and everyone knows a vehicle needs a name. Zuzu is a V-Strom 650xt from 2018.
I spend a lot of time in California, USA due to my business, felt it was time to get a state side vehicle. Using California as a base for a pan-american adventure. After a lot of back and forth, i finally pulled the trigger on a brand new 2018 Suzuki V-Strom 650xt. It’s a California registered bike, doing the paperwork as a non-US citizen was no problems at all.
The Suzuki V-Strom 650 is famous for it’s reliability, and in 2017 it got some upgrades. The alternatives for me was the Kawasaki KLR 650, also a splendid bike. But i got a good price on this Suzuki V-Strom 650xt. The advantages with Zuzu over a KLR 650 is the electronic features, ABS, traction control and fuel injection. It gives me some peace of mind and fuel injection get’s way better fuel economy (Also way more power, Zuzu har 70hp which is more than enough).
Suzuki’s “XT” model also gives it spoke wheels and some other small goodies. Worth it alone for the tubeless spoke wheels.
The goal is to make Zuzu as usable as possible for a round the world trip, the trip started in December 2018.
- SW-Motech crash bars for the V-Storm 650 (SW-Motech website).
- SW-Motech belly skid
- SW-Motech Adventure rack (SW-Motech website).
- SW-Motech Trax Adventure Aluminium top box (SW-Motech website).
- SW-Motech EVO carrier (SW-Motech website).
- SW-Motech Tank bag
- Suzuki V-Strom 650 2018 OEM heated grips
- Lower Suzuki original wide pegs
- Handle bar riser
A full write up of the the suspension modifications are available in the post linked bellow.
- Baja Designs Squadron Pro aux lighting
- K60 Scout tires
- SW-Motech V-Strom 650 center stand (Highly recommended)