Today I changed engine oil, topped off the transfer case and diffs. Not anything more I need to do. Jumbo runs on a 4000km service interval and it was time to change the oil. It’s nice to have everything fresh to when I leave.
What to bring and not to bring is hard to decide. I tend to want to bring to much stuff just in case, this is no exception.
I will walk through what gear I bring on this trip. Keep in mind that above all the gear that I talk about I also bring enough personal things to live in Prague for 7 moths.
From right to left
- Spare tire, full size (265/75R16, 32″) on OEM wheels.
- Hand winch, not really meant for off road recovery. A warn winch is in the wish list.
- Recovery bag (4xShackles, 6000kg Tow trap, 5000kg Snatch strap and gloves).
- Warning triangle.
- Protectors for my led lights (2x yellow spot, 2x clear spot).
- Gloves (2x winter gloves, 2x mechanic gloves).
- Jerry can 20L (plastic).
- First aid kit.
- Spare parts (behind jerry can): Water pump (old but still good), new front right brake lines, transmission speed sensor and some random small parts.
- Torque wrench (always torque lug nuts to appropriate torque!).
- Steering wheel lock (better safe than sorry).
- Iron Rock off road control arms, the Swedish retailer for IRO messed up my order a while back so i got two extra lower control arms. Fits both lower front and rear.
- Fire extinguisher (ABC, powder).
- Trash bags.
- Breaker bar (1/2″).
- Breaker bar (3/4″) and two sockets.
- Grease gun, currently half full. One new cartridge is besides it (Red line CV-2 with red molly).
- Grease gin fittings (red box)
- Universal sprays (WD40, 5-56, break clean).
- Tool box, contains everything i need to work on the Jeep. Every time I used I new tool on Jumbo I put it in the toolbox. Example tools: socket set, large hex set, assortment of 1/2″ tools and nuts & bolts.
- Clamp, always good to have, previously used to keep hood open bur recently fixed new gas cylinders.
- Mopar transfercase oil.
- SKF bearing grease.
- Brake fluid.
- Jack (2000kg).
- Wire brush.
- Red coolant, 4L concentrated and 4L ready to use.
- Engine oil (Castrol 5w-40 full synthetic).
- Electric goodies, have lots of custom electrics in Jumbo and need to be able to repair it on the go).
- Brush with ice scraper.
- Start help, 1100CCA.
I hope i didn’t forget to mention anything. If there is any questions leave a comment or visit my thread on Expedition Portal